Since our initial release last year, Upstash was compatible with Redis® API up to version 5. Our Redis offering was lacking
commands such as
COPY and features such as ACL
which were introduced in Redis 6 (and 6.2).
Happy to announce that Upstash Redis databases are now compatible with Redis commands up to version 6.2.
With the new release, Upstash provides an always persistent ACL implementation.
ACL subcommands available in Redis 6.2 are supported by Upstash. Note that
ACL LOAD and
ACL SAVE commands are no-op
ACL update is persisted & replicated to all replicas immediately before
ACL command returns the response.
Additionally Upstash provides a new
ACL subcommand, named
ACL RESTTOKEN to generate REST API tokens for the
users created via
ACL RESTTOKEN <username> <password> Generate a REST token for the specified username & password. Token will have the same permissions with the user.
You can execute
ACL RESTTOKEN command via
redis-cli or CLI on the Upstash console::
redis-cli> ACL RESTTOKEN default 35fedg8xyu907d84af29222ert "AYNgAS2553feg6a2d9842h2a0gcdb5f8efe9934DQ="
Following is the list of new commands added with Redis 6 release, you can find the command details at the official Redis documentation:
- AUTH: Auth command now supports ACL
- BLPOP, BRPOP, BRPOPLPUSH: Timeout parameter is interpreted as a double instead of an integer.
- BZPOPMAX, BZPOPMIN: Timeout parameter is interpreted as a double instead of an integer.
- LPOP, RPOP: New
- SCAN: Scan command now supports
- SET: Set command now supports
- ZADD: Zadd command now supprts
- ZRANGE: Zrange command now suppirts