Software Engineer - Cloud/SRE
Experience: 2+ years
Job type: Full time
Location: Work from anywhere
At Upstash, we are building the next generation data platform for the serverless and edge era. Our cloud platform lets users deploy data services in seconds and immediately start using them. At the infrastructure level, we are using the latest technologies like Kubernetes, Golang, Terraform and popular cloud providers (AWS,GCE). We are looking for new team members to explore and develop the next generation database together with us.
What you'll do at Upstash:
- Help us to run the production environment in Kubernetes.
- Improve deployment lifecycle of the databases and services.
- Implement automation/deployment scripts as everything as code.
- Improve our monitoring systems to detect problems earlier than our users.
- Incident management by being on-call which is rotated among team members.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Passion to learn and try new things.
- Deep care about the quality of the software you build.
- Strong interest in distributed systems.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes in production systems.
- Experience with one of the well-known automation tools. (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Cloud platform/services experience, especially AWS or GCP.
- Intermediate level Golang and/or Python experience.
- Familiarity with Linux and its network layer components.
Nice to have
- Contributions to open source projects
- AWS/Kubernetes certificates
- Experience with monitoring/logging solutions in Kubernetes
- Deep level understanding of Linux
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Budget for events and tech talks
How to apply
Click on "Apply Now" (or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us why you're excited to join Upstash! To give the team a better understanding of who you are as a whole person, let us know what you are passionate about, and share an example of a project, job, or skill that you’ve picked up on your own. You can attach your resume or give a link to your Linkedin profile.